Effective Date: December 7, 2022
READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING AND USING ANY PART OF THE PLATFORM. USING ANY PART OF THE PLATFORM INDICATES THAT YOU HAVE BOTH READ AND ACCEPTED THESE TERMS. YOU CANNOT USE THE PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
NOTE: THESE TERMS CONTAIN A DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION PROVISION, INCLUDING CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS AND WITH RESPECT TO DISPUTES YOU MAY HAVE WITH YEMBO. YOU MAY OPT OUT OF THE BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER AS PROVIDED BELOW.
We may alter the Materials and Services we offer you and/or may choose to modify, suspend or discontinue any part or all of the Platform at any time and without notifying you. We may also change, update, add or remove provisions of these Terms from time to time. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to inform you of any modifications to these Terms by posting them on the Platform.
If you object to any such modifications, your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Platform. Continued use of any part of the Platform following notice of any such modifications indicates you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the modifications. Also, please know that these Terms may be superseded by expressly-designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Platform or on the sites of our partners. Such expressly-designated legal notices or terms are incorporated into these Terms and supersede the provision(s) of these Terms that are designated as being superseded. In particular, if you are a moving or insurance company partner who has entered into a separate terms of service with Yembo, those terms of service will govern your use of the Platform to the extent they differ from these Terms
By using the Platform, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age (a “Minor”), that you are using the Platform with the consent of your parent or legal guardian and you have received your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use the Platform and agree to these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a Minor, you agree to bind the Minor to these Terms and to fully indemnify and hold us harmless if the Minor breaches any of these Terms.
In these Terms we are granting you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display the Materials; your right to use the Materials is conditioned on your compliance with these Terms. Except as otherwise set forth in these Terms, you have no other rights in the Platform or any Materials and you may not modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit the Platform or any of the Materials in any manner. If you make copies of any of the Materials then we ask that you be sure to keep on the copies all of our copyright and other proprietary notices as they appear on the Platform.
Unfortunately, if you breach any of these Terms, the above license will terminate automatically and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials (and any copies thereof).
In order to access the Platform, upload images and videos, and utilize the Services, you must provide the information requested when you first access the Platform. You are responsible for complying with these Terms when you access and use the Platform and for obtaining and maintaining all equipment and services needed for you to access to and use the Platform and paying related charges.
We distribute Mobile Applications that permit users to access and use certain of the Services and Materials via mobile devices. To use a Mobile Application, you must have a mobile device that is compatible with it. We do not warrant that any of the Mobile Applications will be compatible with your mobile device. We hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to download and use object code copies of the Mobile Application for one registered account on mobile devices owned or leased by you, solely for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Application, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Application to any third-party or use the Mobile Application to provide time sharing or similar services for any third-party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Application; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Application, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Application, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Application; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Application. You acknowledge that we may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Application, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Application that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that these Terms will apply to all such upgrades. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Application or any copy thereof, and we and our third-party licensors or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Mobile Application (and any copy of the Mobile Application). Standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of the Mobile Applications.
The following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to any Mobile Application that we provide to you designed for use on an Apple iOS-powered mobile device (an “iOS App”):
- You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and Yembo only, and not with Apple, Inc. (“Apple”).
- Your use of the iOS App must comply with Apple’s then-current App Store Terms of Service.
- Yembo, and not Apple, is solely responsible for the iOS App and the Services and content available thereon. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation to provide maintenance and support services with respect to our iOS App. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the iOS App.
- You agree that Yembo, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third-party relating to the iOS App or your possession and/or use of the iOS App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the iOS App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, and you further agree all such claims are governed solely by these Terms and any law applicable to us as provider of the iOS App
- You agree that Yembo, and not Apple, shall be responsible, to the extent required by these Terms, for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third-party intellectual property infringement claim related to the iOS App or your possession and use of the iOS App.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- You agree to comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the iOS App (e.g., you must not be in violation of your wireless data service terms of agreement when using the iOS App).
- You agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries to these Terms as it relates to your license of the iOS App. Upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as it relates to your license of the iOS App as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
The following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to any Mobile Application that we provide to you designed for use on an Android-powered mobile device (an “Android App”):
- You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and Yembo only, and not with Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- Your use of the Android App must comply with Google’s then-current Android Market Terms of Service.
- Google is only a provider of the Android Market where you obtained the Android App. Yembo, and not Google, is solely responsible for the Android App and the Services and content available thereon. Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to the Android App or these Terms.
- You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to these Terms as it relates to the Android App.
By using the Platform (or any part thereof), you consent to being called by us and to receiving electronic communications from us (including, if you have opted in, via phone or text message) and from other users of the Services. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to the Platform. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with us. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. Standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of text messaging and you are solely responsible for such charges. If you have opted in to receiving telemarketing or advertising communications via phone or text message, you understand that calls and/or text messages made or sent for advertising purposes may be generated using prerecorded messages or artificial voice, and calls and messages may be delivered using an auto telephone dialing system or an automatic texting system. You further understand that your consent is not required as a condition of doing business with us.
We think links are convenient, and we sometimes provide links on the Platform to third-party websites. If you use these links, you will leave our Platform. We are not obligated to review any third-party websites that you link to from the Platform, we do not control any of the third-party websites, and we are not responsible for any of the third-party websites (or the products, services, or content available through any of them). Therefore, unless specifically stated on the Platform, we do not endorse or make any representations about such third-party websites, any information, software, products, services, or materials found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to from the Platform, you do so entirely at your own risk and you must follow the privacy policies and terms and conditions for those third-party websites.
Certain areas of the Platform may permit you to upload or submit information, images, video, data, text, messages, or other materials (each, a "User Submission"). You agree that you are solely responsible for all of your User Submissions and that any such User Submission is considered both non-confidential and non-proprietary. Further, we do not guarantee that you will be able to edit or delete any User Submission you have submitted.
By submitting any User Submission, you are promising us that:
- You own all rights in your User Submission (including, without limitation, all rights to the reproduction and display of your User Submission) or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in your User Submission to enable you to grant to us the rights in your User Submission as described in these Terms;
- You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of your User Submission;
- Your User Submission do not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- You voluntarily agree to waive all "moral rights" that you may have in your User Submission;
- Any information contained in your User Submission is not known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- Your User Submission does not violate any law (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- Your User Submission is not, and may not reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, or invasive of another's privacy;
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your User Submission;
- Your User Submission does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, or addresses, email addresses, contact information, or phone numbers (other than your own);
- Your User Submission does not contain any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other potentially damaging programs or files;
- Your User Submission does not contain any information that you consider confidential, proprietary, or personal; and
- Your User Submission does not contain or constitute any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
By submitting a User Submission, you grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide, royalty-free license (sublicensable through multiple tiers) to:
- Use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform, and publicly display your User Submissions (or any modification thereto), in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed;
- Use (and permit others to use) your User Submission in any manner and for any purpose (including, without limitation, commercial purposes) that we deem appropriate in our sole discretion (including, without limitation, to incorporate your User Submission or any modification thereto, in whole or in part, into any technology, product, or service);
- Display advertisements in connection with your User Submissions and to use your User Submissions for advertising and promotional purposes.
We may, but are not obligated to, pre-screen User Submissions or monitor any area of the Platform through which User Submissions may be submitted. We are not required to host, display, or distribute any User Submissions on or through the Platform and may remove at any time or refuse any User Submissions for any reason. We are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage of any kind to any User Submissions. Further, you agree that we may freely disclose your User Submission to any third party absent any obligation of confidence on the part of the recipient.
To be clear, we authorize your use of the Platform only for individual, consumer purposes (“Permitted Purposes”). Any other use of the Platform beyond the Permitted Purposes is prohibited and, therefore, constitutes unauthorized use of the Platform. This is because as between you and Yembo, all rights in the Platform remain our property.
Unauthorized use of the Platform may result in violation of various United States and international copyright laws. Because we prefer keeping this relationship drama-free, we want to give you examples of things to avoid. So, unless you have written permission from us stating otherwise, you are not authorized to use the Platform in any of the following ways (these are examples only and the list below is not a complete list of everything that you are not permitted to do):
- For any public or commercial purpose which includes use of the Materials on another site or through a networked computer environment;
- In a manner that modifies, publicly displays, publicly performs, reproduces or distributes any of the Platform;
- In a manner that violates any local, state, national, foreign, or international statute, regulation, rule, order, treaty, or other law;
- To stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- To impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- To interfere with or disrupt the Platform or servers or networks connected to the Platform;
- To use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods in connection with the Platform; or
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Platform or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Platform, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means.,
You agree to hire attorneys to defend us if you violate these Terms and that violation results in a problem for us. You also agree to pay any damages that we may end up having to pay as a result of your violation. You alone are responsible for any violation of these Terms by you. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Yembo and our affiliates (“Our Trademarks”) used and displayed on various parts of the Platform are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Yembo. Other company, product, and service names located on the Platform may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the “Third-Party Trademarks”, and, collectively with Our Trademarks, the “Trademarks”). Nothing in these Terms should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Our Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all Materials, including the arrangement of them on the Platform are our sole property, or the property of our suppliers and licensors. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and encourage you to do the same. Accordingly, we have a policy of removing User Submissions and other materials that violate intellectual property rights of others, suspending access to the Platform (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses the Platform in violation of someone’s intellectual property rights, and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the account of any user who uses the Platform in violation of someone’s intellectual property rights.
Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512, we have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your copyright or other intellectual property right is being infringed by a user of the Platform, please provide written notice to our agent for notice of claims of infringement:
John A. Barros
4445 Eastgate Mall Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121
Phone: (833) 469-3626
To be sure the matter is handled immediately, your written notice must:
- Contain your physical or electronic signature;
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed;
- Identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material;
- Contain adequate information by which we can contact you (including postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Contain a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, the owner's agent or the law;
- Contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and Contain statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other intellectual property right owner.
- Unless the notice pertains to copyright or other intellectual property infringement, the agent will be unable to address the listed concern.
Submitting a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Counter-Notification
We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a validly received DMCA take-down notice. In response, you may provide our agent with a written counter-notification that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Termination of Repeat Infringers
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of the Platform who is the subject of repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
We are not a party to any service contract
You hereby acknowledge and agree that we are NOT a party to any oral or written agreement for product or services or any other contract entered into between users of the Platform and third parties in connection with any Services we offer, including but not limited to contracts entered into between you and any of our moving or insurance company partners.
No agency or partnership
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms or your use of any part of the Platform. You do not have any authority whatsoever to bind us in any respect. Neither we nor you may direct or control the day-to-day activities of the other or create or assume any obligation on behalf of the other.
Disputes between users and between users and third parties
Your interactions with individuals and/or organizations found on or through the Platform, the provision of products or performance of any services by such parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such transactions or dealings, are solely between you and such individual or organization. You should take reasonable precautions and make whatever investigation or inquiries you deem necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any third party, including without limitation, any individuals or entities with whom you may interact as a result of your use of the Platform.
You understand that deciding whether to use information found on the Platform and/or the products or services of any individual or organization, is your personal decision for which you alone are responsible. You understand that we do not and cannot make representations as to the suitability of any individual or organization you may decide to interact with on or through the Platform and/or the accuracy or suitability of any advice, information, or recommendations made by any such individual or organization.
IF THERE IS A DISPUTE BETWEEN USERS OF THE PLATFORM, OR BETWEEN ANY USER OF THE PLATFORM AND ANY THIRD PARTY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO BECOME INVOLVED. IN THE EVENT THAT A DISPUTE ARISES BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY, YOU HEREBY RELEASE US, OUR OFFICERS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND SUCCESSORS IN RIGHTS FROM ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO SUCH DISPUTES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY."
THE PLATFORM, MATERIALS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS", AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THEIR USE IS WITH YOU. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY) WITH RESPECT TO THE PLATFORM, MATERIALS AND SERVICES, WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE PLATFORM, MATERIALS AND SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PLATFORM WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PLATFORM, MATERIALS AND SERVICES, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PLATFORM, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ACTIONS, OR FAILURE TO ACT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR FROM US OR OUR SUBSIDIARIES/OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. WE DISCLAIM ALL EQUITABLE INDEMNITIES.
YOU ARE USING THE PLATFORM, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS TO OR FROM THE PLATFORM OR YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, USE, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE, HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF WE KNOW THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE PLATFORM, AND WITH OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE THEREOF. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE PLATFORM. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE PLATFORM OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OF THE PLATFORM. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH ANY PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, PARTICULARLY IF YOU MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE FACILITATE SUCH MEETINGS. WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER OF THE PLATFORM AND ALL OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
The entirety of the Platform may not be appropriate or available for use in all jurisdictions. If you use the Platform (or any portion thereof), you are solely responsible for following applicable local laws.
Any submissions by you to us regarding the Platform (e.g., comments, questions, suggestions, materials – collectively, “Feedback”) through any communication whatsoever (e.g., call, fax, email) will be treated as both non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and we are free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the Feedback, whether or not patentable, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, having manufactured, licensing, marketing, and selling, directly or indirectly, products and services using such Feedback. Where the foregoing assignment is prohibited by law, you hereby grant us an exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up license (including the right to sublicense) to use and exploit all Feedback as we may determine in our sole discretion. You understand and agree, however, that we are not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the Feedback, and you have no right to compel such use, display, reproduction, or distribution.
Please read the following Dispute Resolution and Arbitration; Class Action Waiver provision (this “Provision”) carefully. It affects your rights.
Please read this Provision carefully. It provides that all Disputes (as defined below) between you and Yembo shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is a form of private dispute resolution and replaces the right to go to court. In the absence of this arbitration agreement, you may otherwise have a right or opportunity to bring claims in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate in or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including, but not limited to, class actions). Except as otherwise provided, entering into these Terms constitutes a waiver of your right to litigate claims and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. The arbitrator must follow these Terms and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorney’s fees).
For purposes of this Provision, “Yembo” means Yembo, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliate companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Yembo regarding, arising out of or relating to any aspect of your relationship with Yembo, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, or negligence), or any other legal or equitable cause of action or claim for relief, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Provision (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced, and shall include any claims against other parties relating to services or products provided or billed to you (such as Yembo’s licensors, suppliers, dealers or third-party vendors) whenever you also assert claims against us in the same proceeding.
YOU AND YEMBO EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, AS DEFINED ABOVE, WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PROVISION.
Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution
For all Disputes, whether pursued in court or arbitration, you must first give Yembo an opportunity to resolve the Dispute. You must commence this process by mailing us written notification at: Yembo, Inc., 4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92121. That written notification must include (1) your name, (2) your address, (3) a written description of the Dispute, and (4) a description of the specific relief you seek. If Yembo does not resolve the Dispute within 45 days after it receives your written notification, you may pursue your Dispute in arbitration. You may pursue your Dispute in a court only under the circumstances described below.
Exclusions from Arbitration/Right to Opt Out
Notwithstanding the above, you or Yembo may choose to pursue a Dispute in court and not by arbitration if (a) the Dispute qualifies, it may be initiated in small claims court; or (b) YOU OPT-OUT OF THESE ARBITRATION PROCEDURES WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE THAT YOU FIRST CONSENT TO THESE TERMS (the “Opt-Out Deadline”). You may opt out of this Provision by mailing us written notification at: Yembo, Inc., 4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92121. Your written notification must include (1) your name, (2) your address, and (3) a clear statement that you do not wish to resolve disputes with Yembo through arbitration. Your decision to opt-out of this Provision will have no adverse effect on your relationship with Yembo. Any opt-out request received after the Opt-Out Deadline will not be valid and you must pursue your Dispute in arbitration or small claims court.
If this Provision applies and the Dispute is not resolved as provided above (Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution) either you or Yembo may initiate arbitration proceedings. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS, www.jamsadr.com, will arbitrate all Disputes, and the arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be commenced as an individual arbitration only, and shall in no event be commenced as a class arbitration or a consolidated or representative action or arbitration. All issues shall be for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this Provision.
For arbitration before AAA, for Disputes of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for Disputes involving $75,000 or more, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. In either instance, the AAA’s Optional Rules For Emergency Measures Of Protection shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. For arbitration before JAMS, the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols For Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. This Provision governs in the event it conflicts with the applicable arbitration rules. Under no circumstances will class action or representative action procedures or rules apply to the arbitration.
Because the Platform and these Terms concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, the arbitrator will apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and the applicable statute of limitations or condition precedent to suit.
Arbitration Award – The arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available pursuant to applicable law, and will not have the power to award relief to, against or for the benefit of any person who is not a party to the proceeding. The arbitrator will make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party or if required by applicable law. Such award will be final and binding on the parties, except for any right of appeal provided by the FAA or other applicable law, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
Location of Arbitration – You or Yembo may initiate arbitration in either San Diego County, California or the federal judicial district that includes your billing address. However, if Yembo initiates the arbitration in San Diego County, you shall have the right to have the arbitration transferred to the AAA or JAMS office within the judicial district that includes your billing address.
Payment of Arbitration Fees and Costs – Yembo will pay all arbitration filing fees and AAA or JAMS hearing fees and any arbitrator's hearing fees, costs and expenses upon your written request to the arbitrator given at or before the first evidentiary hearing in the arbitration. You are responsible for all additional fees and costs that you incur in the arbitration, including, but not limited to, attorneys or expert witnesses. Fees and costs may be awarded as provided pursuant to applicable law. In addition to any rights to recover fees and costs under applicable law, if you provide notice and negotiate in good faith with Yembo as provided in the section above titled “Pre-Arbitration Claim Resolution” and the arbitrator concludes that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator.
Class Action Waiver
Except as otherwise provided in this Provision, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action, representative action, or private attorney general action) unless both you and Yembo specifically agree to do so in writing following initiation of the arbitration. If you choose to pursue your Dispute in court by opting out of the Provision, as specified above, this Class Action Waiver will not apply to you. Neither you, nor any other user of the Platform can be a class representative, class member, or otherwise participate in a class, consolidated, or representative proceeding without having complied with the opt-out requirements above.
No Judge or Jury in Arbitration
Arbitration does not involve a judge or jury. You understand and agree that by entering into these Terms you and Yembo are each giving up the right to a jury trial or a trial before a judge in a public court. In the absence of this Provision, you and Yembo might otherwise have had a right or opportunity to bring Disputes in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including class actions). Except as otherwise provided below, those rights are waived. Other rights that you would have if you went to court, such as the right to appeal and to certain types of discovery, may be more limited or may also be waived.
If any clause within this Provision (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Provision, and the remainder of this Provision will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this entire Provision will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court.
This Provision shall survive the termination of your service with Yembo or its affiliates. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if Yembo makes any change to this Provision (other than a change to the Notice Address), you may reject any such change and require Yembo to adhere to the present language in this Provision if a dispute between us arises.
We prefer to advise you if we feel you are not complying with these Terms and to recommend any necessary corrective action. However, certain violations of these Terms, as determined by us, may result in immediate termination of your access to the Platform and Services without prior notice to you. The Federal Arbitration Act, Pennsylvania state law and applicable U.S. federal law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions, will govern these Terms. Foreign laws do not apply. The United Nations on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and any laws based on the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) shall not apply to these Terms. Except for Disputes subject to arbitration as described above, any disputes relating to these Terms or the Platform will be heard in the courts located in San Diego County in the State of California. If any of these Terms is found to be inconsistent with applicable law, then such term shall be interpreted to reflect the intentions of the parties, and no other terms will be modified. Our failure to enforce any of these Terms is not a waiver of such term. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Yembo and supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements between you and Yembo about the Platform. The proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, representations made by you, indemnities, limitations of liability and general provisions shall survive any termination of these Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact us for any reason, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.