This section of our Policy addresses our information collection practices applicable to Shippers.
a. Information We Collect from You Information We Collect Directly from You.
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services.
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. Information we collect may include:
Information We Collect from Other Entities.
- To respond to inquiries or communications you send to us, we collect contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number.
- We collect the information you provide us when you fill out a survey, questionnaire, or other type of form you complete through the Services. We also collect your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct our activities.
- If you contact us or our customers who purchase e-mail syncing or telephony services from us, we collect records and copies of your correspondence.
- While you are navigating the Site or using the Services, we may also collect your search queries or information about your viewing history.
- We collect any information you choose to e-mail or communicate to us while using the Services.
- We collect information you submit when inquiring about, or booking, moving services, including your originating and terminating address and certain details about your home (e.g., number of bedrooms, items in your home) that you capture when you take videos or still images, and that you provide or upload to us for purposes of generating quotes and information regarding moving services.
- We collect information required to provide the Services, such as details regarding moving services and payment information (collected by our third-party payment processors), unique identifiers, such as username and account number, and the identity of the agent, company, or other individual who referred you to the Services.
- We may also collect copies of e-mails, text messages, and other correspondence you may exchange with our customers, or other customer records that our customers provide to us, such as terms of contracts governing moving services that you purchase from them.
- We may also collect and record information from customer service sessions you may engage in with our customers, such as phone calls, chat messages, and video chat sessions, for quality assurance purposes and to safeguard ourselves against fraudulent claims for damages.
- If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device may send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
When you access the Services, we may collect information about you from third-party sources, such as: customers, service providers, business partners, public and third-party databases, platform providers, non-affiliated partners, other users of our Services, public sources, third-party advertising partners, or from other third parties. Information we collect may be combined with other information we have collected about you in order to complete requests you have made or facilitate transactions you have initiated via the Services, or for other purposes. Information we may collect about you from third-party sources may include your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and other contact information. Information We Collect Automatically.
section below for more information.
When you use our Site, we may collect your browser type and operating system, web pages you view on the Site, links you click on the Site, and your IP address. We may also collect information about the length of time you spent visiting our Site and/or using our Services, and the referring URL, or the web pages that led you to our Site. b. How We Use Your Information Our Uses of Your Personal Data.
We use your information, including your Personal Data, for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To send you information including quotes, confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To compare and verify information for accuracy and to update our records.
- To e-mail, text message, or otherwise contact you with information and updates about, and changes to, the Services.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To allow our customers to send you communications, news or updates about their products and services.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- To handle inquiries and complaints you or other users of our Services submit to us.
- To improve our Service, or for research and analytics purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, such as maintaining customer records, monitoring your compliance with any of your agreements with us, collecting debts owed to us, and safeguarding our business interests.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information, or that you otherwise request or consent to.
You may instruct us to refrain from using your Personal Data in any way that is not required for us to provide the Services to you. We will not refuse you access to any product or service merely because you have advised us to stop using your Personal Data in any way that is not required for the Services. To provide us with instructions, you may contact us via the Contact Us
section below. c. How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including Personal Data, as follows: Our Customers.
We may disclose your information to our customers for purposes of providing the Services. Vendors, Service Providers, and Other Processors
. We may disclose the information we collect from you to vendors, service providers, or other processors, such as customer management providers and IT services providers, to help us provide our Services to you, to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used, and to provide other services. Subsidiaries and Affiliates.
We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries as needed to provide the Services to you. Other Third Parties.
We may also disclose the information we collect from you to other third parties we use to support our business.
In addition, we may also share your Personal Data under the following circumstances: Business Transfers.
If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your Personal Data with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants. In Response to Legal Process
. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. To Protect Us and Others.
. We share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
For residents of Australia, we may disclose your Personal Data to recipients which are located outside of Australia. Those recipients are likely to be located in the United States, Germany, Singapore, and Ireland.